The Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, known as the Red Arrows, are set to take to the skies today and put on a fantastic display.
The iconic jets will perform a flypast at the Defence and Security Equipment International (DSEI) which is being held at the ExCel in London today, Tuesday September 14.
DSEI is one of the world’s largest arms fairs, showcasing over 1,000 defence and security suppliers.
Subject to weather conditions, the Red Arrows will open the the seminar event with a signature nine aircraft flypast.
Air Marshal Gerry Mayhew, Deputy Commander Operations, Royal Air Force said: “It is with great pleasure that the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, the Red Arrows, will mark the official opening of DSEI 2021.
“The exhibition is an important showcase for world-leading innovation and technology from British industry, that provides the RAF and UK Defence the continued ability to remain ahead of our competitors”.
The Red Arrows will set off from Scampton at 11.48am today, and return to the base at 12.46pm.
The jets will be taking part in the event in London, but will also be flying over many other places in England.
According to the Military Airshow website, here is the flight path and timings:
- 531828N 0003303W SCAMPTON AD – 11.48am
- 531353N 0002430W E OF FISKERTON – 11.49am
- 524831N 0001315W NW OF SPALDING – 11.54am
- 524235N 0005200W SE OF GREAT DALBY – 11.58am
- 522352N 0002549W NE OF MAIDWELL – 12.01pm
- 521728N 0000121W SE OF FEN DRAYTON – 12.07pm
- 515258N 0000046W W OF STANDON – 12.11pm
- 514417N 0000218E E OF HODDESDON – 12.12pm
- 513541N 0000213E VCY OF WOODFOORD – 12.14pm
- 513027N 0000211E DSEI – 12.15pm
- 512555N 0000210E VCY OF CATFORD – 12.15pm
- 512512N 0002042E VCY OF GRAVESEND – 12.17pm
- 513947N 0002150E NE OF BRENTWOOD – 12.20pm
- 520715N 0011913E N OF WOODBRIDGE – 12.27pm
- 522803N 0005613E N OF EAST HARLING – 12.32pm
- 530431N 0004439E OVERSEA – 12.38pm
- 531828N 0003303W SCAMPTON AD – 12.46pm
Keep in mind that all these timings are subject to change due to weather conditions or other requirements.
If you’re hoping to watch the flypast, keep in mind you won’t be able to get anywhere near the ExCel centre itself as it will be rigged with security for the event.
Ahead of the exhibition, Event Director, Grant Burgham, said: “The industry is getting ready to come back together at DSEI and we look forward to welcoming our exhibitors, speakers, visitors, delegations, Government stakeholders, and the Armed Forces for a week of exclusive demonstrations and presentations.
“What better way to kick-off one of the UK’s first major international events in recent years than with a greeting from the Red Arrows”.